Environmental Services

Outer Banks Environmental Services

Outer Banks environmental services
Outer Banks environmental services determine if your septic is adequate for your occupancy.

Any new construction or renovation that involves people will need to get signed off on by Outer Banks Environmental Services. These are the people that deal with your septic and drainage. If you are expanding your home, adding a bathroom, etc. these folks make those decisions. The good news is that on the Outer Banks, the counties have total jurisdiction, so it’s far less confusing who to call. Each county will determine whether your property or existing system can support the amount of people anticipated to use the property generally referred to as the occupancy level.

The down side is that Outer Banks Environmental Services are very busy, as they handle their entire respective counties. Note: Only request information from them if your property is already under contract. Start your information search with your building permit.Contact Information for Environmental Services

Links & maps are provided to the area governing authorities. We list the two counties first, North to South.

Currituck County

Web Site: www.co.currituck.nc.us/
Very little on the County site, other than a phone #.

Corolla Satellite OfficeGoogle Map
1123 Ocean Tr. • Corolla
Phone: (252) 453-8555

Google MapMain Currituck County Offices
153 Courthouse Rd. • Suite 110 • Currituck
Phone: (252) 232-3378

Dare County

Web Site: www.darenc.com/departments/health-human-services

Google MapManteo
954 Marshall C Collins Dr. • Manteo
(Serving Dare Mainland & Unincorporated Roanoke Island)
Phone: (252) 475-5870

Google MapKill Devil Hills
2601 N. Croatan Hwy. • MP 5.5 • Kill Devil Hills
(Serving Martin’s Point, Baum Bay & Colington Island)
Phone: (252) 475-5871

Google MapFrisco
50347 NC Hwy. 12 • Frisco
(Serving Hatteras Island)
Phone: (252) 475-5878

%d bloggers like this: